Probiotics For Men
Everyone needs probiotics. Probiotics are critical for our bodies to function properly. These good bacteria naturally live inside the body. They are also found in fermented foods, drink and supplements. From digestion and bowel movements to the immune system probiotics assist the body in a number of ways. Additionally, research show that certain chronic illnesses are associated with the make-up of gut bacteria.
Taking probiotics is an extremely beneficial way to support overall health and well-being. Men, women and even children can all benefit from taking probiotic supplements. Taking probiotics is an extremely beneficial way to support overall health and wellbeing. Men, women and even children can all benefit from taking probiotic supplements.
Why do men need to take probiotics?
Taking probiotic supplements has many benefits that everyone can enjoy. Men, women and even children can take them. Some supplements have more specific benefits geared towards men, while others are directed towards women. For instance, some supplements can be very helpful for supporting both vaginal health and healthy pregnancy. Men, on the other hand, may be interested in supplements to support their metabolism, fitness, immune function, and liver health.
How men can benefit from probiotics?
- Raise the testosterone level
As men age, their testosterone level decreases, resulting to:
- Diminished libido
- Low sperm count
- Muscle and bone loss
- Poor physical performance
- Low energy
- Impaired cognitive function
A recent study shows that probiotics therapy resulted in a significant improvement in testosterone level and sperm counts. Taking probiotic supplements also helps support prostate health. Certain species can inhibit harmful bacteria from causing urinary tract infections which are commonly associated with enlargement of the prostate.
- Replenish the lost bacteria in the gut
Having the right gut bacteria has been linked to numerous health benefits, including:
- Improved digestion
- Reduced risk of some diseases
- Healthier skin
- Enhanced immune system
- Improved mental health conditions
However, these good microbes are replaced by harmful ones because of factors like:
- Antibiotic therapy
- Environmental toxins
The only way to replenish it is to consume probiotics through fermented foods or drinks or by taking probiotic supplements.
- Reduce symptoms of digestive disorder
Probiotics can help support your gut if you have digestive problems like diarrhea, constipation, gas, and bloating. Digestive disorders such as IBS and leaky gut are often linked to a change in the gut microbiome and gut inflammation. People who have digestive disorders often have lower levels and a variety of good bacteria.
- Improve metabolic function
Probiotics have tangible effects on metabolism. Studies show that imbalances in the gut microbiome can impact metabolism, causing metabolic disorders such as diabetes.
- Boost the immune system
One of the profound benefits of probiotic supplements is their ability to boost immune function. It keeps the gut healthy and promotes a strong immune system.
- Inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria which compete for nutrients. As a result, beneficial bacteria are less likely to thrive.
- By strengthening the gut barrier. This prevents harmful bacteria from entering your bloodstream. This leads to a better microbiome and improved defenses against harmful bacteria.
- Boost the body’s ability to produce its antibodies.
- Enhancing the production of T cells and natural killer cells.
- Supports the function of white blood cells, which helps fight against infection.