Probiotic Supplements: Immune System Booster
As the world combats COVID-19, maintaining a healthy immune system has become a top priority and a constant struggle for almost everyone throughout the world. As of now, several health companies have come up with products that claim to keep this virus away. How true are these claims? Time will tell. What we need to do in the meantime is to protect ourselves as much as we can. The only way we can do this is by boosting our immune system through eating a balanced diet and taking immune system booster supplements.
Immunity Support Supplements
- Vitamin C with bioflavonoids
Vitamin C with bioflavonoids. It helps support the body’s defense mechanism by supporting the immune system. Bioflavonoids are plant compounds often added to vitamin C. Regular intake of vitamin C alone can reduce inflammation, provide collagen support, and improve oral health.
- Fermented ginseng
Ginseng is one of the most popular herbal medicine in the World and is believed to strengthen the immune system. It’s an adaptogen that helps relieve the body from physical, emotional, and mental stress.
It’s a plant flavonoid present in fruits and vegetables like broccoli, grapes, onion, apples, and berries. Quercetin supplement helps stimulate the immune system. It has strong anti-inflammatory capacities that help reduces inflammation in the body, support a healthy heart, balance blood sugar, and kill cancer cells.
Take probiotic supplements or consume probiotic-rich foods to maintain a healthy digestive tract and immune system. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria added to foods, drinks, and supplements. They confer several health benefits when consumed in the right amount. There are different kinds of probiotic bacteria or species and each act on the body in different ways. These good bacteria both support gut health and influence the function and regulation of the immune system.
How probiotics help boost the immune system
The immune system’s job is to protect us from harmful bacteria, and probiotics can help with that in several ways.
- Probiotics promote gut health and boost the immune system by inhibiting the growth of bad bacteria. Several beneficial bacteria in the gut compete with bad bacteria for a nutrient. This makes it harder for bad bacteria to flourish.
- Probiotics help strengthen the immune system by improving the gut barrier function that stops harmful microorganisms from entering the bloodstream. As a result, the microbiome improves and serves as a natural defense against harmful bacteria that get out of control.
- Some species of probiotics can support the function of white blood cells in the body. These cells play an important role in many protective processes like ingesting foreign cells and debris, as well as dead cells or damaged cells. They also play an important part in coordinating the body’s immune response to infections and other threats.
- Some probiotics have been shown to promote the production of natural antibodies in the body. They also boost immune cells like the T lymphocytes, IgA-producing cells, and natural killer cells. Taking probiotic supplements are found to reduce the likelihood and duration of respiratory infections.